Visit from Hawaii Elks OT, JL:
- Wilbarger brushing and massage with lotion (for sensory integration)
- Cranio Sacral Therapy – focusing on 4th ventricle to encourage CSF flow.
- She showed me how to do this daily.
- Trying to walk on pails…. neither Aidan nor Paddy could do this.
- Bouncing on trampoline in squatted position — “being a frog”– easy for Paddy, difficult for Aidan.
- Doing a simple maze with a vibrating ball point pen — for coordination, visual perception and sensory integration
- Eating Froot Loops with left hand — difficult coordination feat for Aidan (who is hemiplegic) but fun since he loves Froot Loops and hasn’t had one for a long time.
The OT usually tries to include Paddy in order to increase Aidan’s motivation and provide modelling by example back and forth.
- Try the daily cranio sacral routine.
- She left balance boards which the little ones enjoyed and tried right away.
- I asked her what she thought of Brain Gym and she was enthusiastic. I am thinking about doing daily warm-up exercises in the am before we start homeschool. They seem fun and harmless and it would be nice if they helped a bit.
- Paddy liked the simple mazes so perhaps I should dig through the curriculum closet and see if I can find him something like that to do.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.