Aidan’s Therapy — April 2007
Routine for therapy:
- Twice a day, move from large motor to fine motor activation.
- So, do some of the large motor reps listed below, then choose a few of the fine motor ones, then move into some academics activities.
These are Aidan’s recommended exercises for the month:
Gross motor (3x 10 reps)
- Leg Lateral Lifts (with theraband on ankle for resistance )
- Marching in Place
- Putting a marble in cup using toes to grip
- Lying -down vertical leg lifts (he keeps leg straight and tries to touch my hand over his right leg)
Squats (these fit in with his baseball warm-ups so I am going to do alternate days with the other exercises listed above, and also include the other baseball drills like arm flexes, side stretches, and putting glove on ground and moving sideways to stop the ball).
- Backwards stepping
- Go up 2 stairs at a time leading with left.
- Rocking on “peanut” large ball
- Wilbarger brushing
- Massage with lotion (especially extremities)
- Pulling on theraband to activate muscles
- Brain Gym exercises
- Making C’s into O’s