has been going pretty well
On Mondays the boys each read a chapter in their Faith and Life books. I read aloud to Kieron. We discuss. I am just starting to use the 8th grade MODG syllabus to find focal points for Sean to discuss with me. But with Kieron we just pick things out as we go along.
The plan is that on Tuesdays we work on a REligion notebook, but my executive function difficulties prevent me from making that happen, so far.
Wednesdays and Fridays I read Bible History with Kieron. I want to start Sean on reading Luke; or another possibility is to read aloud to both of them. Thursdays we have a catechism quiz. The catechism is something I haven’t quite gotten down, so I think I’m going to pick out targeted topics connected with the lesson for Monday.
Here is where we are now. I think that as we continue through the year I will just add new entries to this page. But I’m still pondering about blogging it, too.
8th grade -- Our Life in the Church
- read chapter 17 — topics
- Seven Capital Sins
- Seven Holy Virtues
- Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy
- Discuss Counsels of Perfection
5th grade: Credo I Believe
- Describe the picture (it is by Giotto — his bio is in Knights of Art) –what does it show?
- review mortal vs venial sins
- Work on Apostles Creed
- John 6 “Will you also go away?”
- Judas’s betrayal compared to Joseph’s brothers –read the biblical account (next week, maybe?)
- Continue Bible History — next 2 chapters.
- (Lenten Reading — ad lib)
- Start working with Christian symbols notebook.
- Gospel of Luke